Finance is an excellent way of spreading the cost of a more expensive item such as a bike or wetsuit. We offer 0% finance from 6 - 24 months on all new bikes above £250 and are now offering classic credit at 15.9% on sale bikes, you can find more information on this finance and a useful calculator here.
You can take out finance either in-store or online and the process should only take about 10 - 15 mins with a deposit of 10%. We use V12 Finance who are one of the largest speciialist finance operators in the country.
Please note, the following minimum spends apply:
- 6 months interest free credit min £250 spend
- 10 months interest free credit min £500 spend
- 12 months interest free credit min £1000 spend
- 18 months interest free credit min 1500 spend
- 24 months interest free credit min £2000 spend
All goods bought on finance require a minium 10% deposit
The in-store finance process:
The mail-order finance process:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have been a UK resident for 3 years or more
- Be able to make repayments by direct debit
- Be in regular employment* (minimum of 16 hours per week) including self-employment, or in permanent residence with your spouse/partner who is in regular employment
*If you are retired and receive a pension or registered disabled and unable to work, V12 Retail Finance may ask for proof of sufficient income.
We will ask for name, 3 year address history, date of birth, email and telephone contact details and employment/income information. If you are accepted you will also need a credit or debit card registered to you at your address on the credit application so that the lender can carry out an electronic identity check.
With most applications we expect that you will be given an acceptance or decline decision within 10-20 seconds. In some cases the lender may return the decision as ‘referred’. You will then receive an email with further instructions once the underwriters have made a decision. For in store applications you can usually wait in the shop whilst the underwriters review your application.
For finance orders made via mail order we are only able to deliver the goods to the address on your credit agreement (your home address). You will not be able to have the goods shipped to another address or collect the goods from us in person.
RETURNS & CANCELLATION PROCEDURE
If you wish to return the order then please refer to our returns policy. If we accept your return we will contact the lender to cancel the credit agreement. We may not able to cancel the finance if the return falls outside of our returns period.
DECLINED CREDIT APPLICATIONS
You will be informed of the decision if the lender declines your application, the lender is unable to share the reason for decline with us. Applications are usually declined for reasons such as:
- you do not meet the eligibility criteria (see above);
- adverse credit reference agency information;
- your credit score;
- you are considered to be overcommitted; or
- your existing account performance with other lenders.
The lender will also give you information on how to appeal the decision if you wish to discuss the matter.